CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Bye Bye Shorty



As you all know we bought Shorty right before Thanksgiving from Dallas. From day 1 he was sort of the dog from hell. He was super cuddly and kissed up to me. But once I walked away he was like having a kid with the worse ADD ever. His favorite things to do was chew up the carpet in the house, the base boards, the kids. He loved to jump on kids that came over especially little ones like two year olds that are just standing there and takes them to the ground. We finally bought him a shock collar and that worked temporarily. Later...when we got to NC he decided to pick up nipping really bad after we boarded him for a week when we went to Maryland to visit my family. When he got back he kept nipping on the kids. Megan received a fat lip and a black eye from him. he was mostly playing but the playing was out of control. Then one day he tried to bite my arm playing. Being that he was turning 1 he should have been getting better about biting with training and not worse. After Megan getting hurt numerous times Cliff gave me an ultimatium. One day after catching him chewing on the window sill in the apartment and half the wood torn off it. I decided to turn him into a woman who does corgi rescue. She said she would train him and wouldnt give him to a family till he was completely better. She was also going to find him a home that did not have little kids as I didnt realize that corgis are known to be biters since they are herding dogs. Our last corgi was a sheppard/corgi mix and was gentle as can be, but it turns out that was the sheppard in him and not the CORGI. We decided we are never going to get a pet ever again. Not even a fish. All I can say about Shorty is, adios little man.

1 comments:

Nicole Howard said...

Aww..that is too bad. I still think you were brave getting a dog. My kids are my pets;)